During the recording of this 30 minute online presentation, AGI engineers demonstrate a high-fidelity, autonomous closed-loop control system that maneuvers one spacecraft around another, both for examination and for docking.
The presenters show how these maneuvers are automatically performed using STK/Astrogator's custom control law capability, and also demonstrate a commercial off-the-shelf fuzzy logic controller as an example.
They also address the following topics and answer your questions about modeling proximity operations and closed-loop control using STK:
- How to model the propulsion system of the spacecraft
- How to use custom controls laws to determine the appropriate engine firings and durations
- How to define the input and feedback of a user-defined control system
- How to report the thruster firings and fuel use from maneuvers
- Other areas where STK can be used to model closed-loop control
- How these proximity operation examples can be tailored for other situations
The presentation is followed by 15 minutes of Q & A.