Given: Two known lat/lon points (a, b) and a circle centered on the 2nd point with known radius.
Solve for the lat/lon of a point (a') where the line intersects the circle.
- First turn off all terrain.
- Create two target objects at Point A and Point B with 0 km altitude and LOS constraint disabled on both target objects.
- Create an ellipse area target of semimajor axis = semiminor axis = known distance r with Centroid at Point B.
- Create a displacement type vector between Target A and Target B.
- Run an AER report between the targets with reference point being the circle origin target.
- Create a Fixed in System type Point of Spherical Fixed Point type with Right Ascension = Azimuth angle and Declination = 0 - Elevation angle (where Azimuth and Elevation are from AER report) and Magnitude = r.
- Report on Latitude and Longitude using Data Provider = Points(Fixed) - Detic Latitude and Points(Fixed) - Detic Longitude