An upgrade of the Visual Studio Tools for STK is now available. The new version can be downloaded from the ADN download center here
These tools were introduced through an article
on the former STK Engine blog. The new version refreshes the functionality for the latest version of STK to date (9.2.2), the latest version of Visual Studio (VS2010) and also makes code snippets available to the Express editions.
Here are more details about the improvements:
- Visual Studio 2010 is now supported (while still supporting VS2005 and VS2008).
- The install now detects the Express editions of Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, and adds the code snippets to these environments. However the Add Reference capability and the toolbox folder are not available as third-party add-ins and custom menus are not available with the Express editions.
- The code snippets have been refreshed for the latest version of STK and now include code snippets for the VGT object model as well. There are also new code snippets for the other object model categories. This increases the number of code snippets to 553 (from 457). These snippets are available both for VB.Net and C#.
- The Add STK Reference menu has been updated with the latest available libraries (VGT and latest plugins).
Here are some screenshots from the new version:
1) Code snippets for C# and VB.Net
2) Updated Add STK Reference menu and dialog
3) Toolbox folder with the STK Engine controls