The annual fall release of STK has arrived! STK 11.5 delivers new capabilities to address more of the emerging trends in the aerospace and defense landscape. Below is a highlight list of the latest features. But a peek under the hood will reveal the myriad changes that have been included. The key upgrades in this release fall into five major categories: Low-thrust satellite trajectory optimization, expanded aircraft flight envelopes, multi-function radar, real-world visualization and enterprise collaboration.
Check out what 11.5 has to offer and download this latest release today.
Astrogator is a specialized analysis module for satellite maneuver planning. You can use this tool to design simple trips to low-Earth orbit or more complex asteroid rendezvous missions. The latest improvements enhance your ability to arrive at more optimized trajectory designs.
- New Optimal Finite maneuver for low-thrust propulsion using collocation-based trajectory optimization
- New calculations objects that allow for the computation of cumulative DeltaV and DeltaV-squared across segments in the sequence or the entire MCS
STK Aviator gives you the ability to include real-world aircraft performance in your flight design. It uses characteristics of wind, atmospheric affects, and mission requirements to give you an accurate model. The latest developments expand on the existing capabilities.
- New in Aviator Pro are three maneuver guidance strategies to handle horizontal and vertical plane flight paths relative to other vehicles
- New hovering strategies to model how a windy day might blow you off track (whether that be a UAV or a parachute). Model this and how well your pilot can handle it in STK
- Hypersonic, the Advanced Fixed Wing performance model now enables users to constrain the flight envelope, so a maximum total temperature is not exceeded. Using STK, will know exactly when that limit is met
As an initial step towards greater implementation of behavior modeling in STK, this release has added features to allow the analysis of multi-function radars. This will allow users to more closely represent operational scenarios where tasking and scheduling are variable elements of mission planning.
- This new model enables you to model multi-beam systems. The beams may be fixed in orientation, spinning, or targeted to objects of interest. Search/Track analysis is performed on each of the beams. Beams may be tasked using time intervals or by using Analysis Workbench (AWB) calc objects
- The Multi-function radar model is a feature of the Radar module and is only available by request. For more information, contact your AGI sales representative
The value of being able to convey complex information quickly and in a real-world context can’t be underestimated. STK’s foundation has always been a fanatical adherence to technical accuracy. But that accuracy isn’t as valuable if the results can’t be conveyed in an easily consumable fashion. Depending on your customer’s level within an organization or the types of decisions she needs to make, the form factor of the results can be an influential competitive element. STK now supports the loading of static glTF models that adhere to the glTF 2.0 specification.
- STK is able to render visually rich models using the Metallic Roughness Physically Based Rendering (PBR) material system
- STK now offers two mechanisms for reflection environments
- The default provides a procedurally generated environment
- Optionally, a user may supply a static High Dynamic Range (HDR) image that is representative of the object’s surroundings
- We have augmented the glTF format to allow users to continue to define STK elements such as articulations and attach points
STK Data Federate (SDF)
The SDF was created to give STK users a collaborative environment that is scalable, open, and most importantly secure. The SDF is where you can save, load, configuration manage and share mission elements you have created across your enterprise. In this release you can expect the following improvements to the tool:
- It is now possible to load & save files to the STK Data Federate from most file selectors in STK
- Satellite ephemeris files (.e)
- Attitude files (.a)
- Report & Graph styles
- Component Browser files
- The public SDF is now the default for SEDS
- Connect commands that load a file can now load a file from the SDF
You can review our full list of new features or corrected issues for this release. Feel free to try out this release by either downloading or running our hosted version (zero installation) from your browser.
Product Spec Sheets