The EAP requires that AGI products be used strictly as an educational tool in a structured academic environment. Applicants must complete an application that defines how STK software will be utilized as a learning aid. Once accepted into the program, partners sign a contract in which they will be required to provide AGI with instructor and student feedback; complete a yearly survey; share course materials/student-developed scenarios and homework assignments; and provide a hyperlink from the educational partner’s website to AGI’s website.
Use of the software to support commercial or government research is not allowed. However, schools may use STK and ODTK for academic research including theses, Smallsat programs and student design projects with some restrictions, even if there is some outside funding.
Funded research programs will be allowed if all of the following are true:
- The software is used exclusively by students and the professor identified with this application.
- Students are receiving course credit for the work or the research directly supports their thesis efforts.
- The results of the research remain the property of the university or are in the public domain.
- AGI has reviewed and approved the scope and deliverables of the program and funding source.
- Educational Partner will provide a briefing/report that highlights how STK is being used at least once every semester.
- Educational Partner will recognize AGI’s donation of software in any of the following ways:
- List AGI as a sponsor
- Publicize AGI's software donation in newsletters/press releases/website news or other.
- Provide a copy of the final results or whitepaper in regards to the work.
Additionally, special programs where AGI partners with a funding organization may be allowed.