UAS and Aircraft Missions
AGI provides a comprehensive integrated analysis environment for engineering and to support concept-to-operational management of military and civilian manned and unmanned aircraft.
Acquisition of aircraft systems is an extended process and mission requirements must be factored early on into design.
Similar to spacecraft, aircraft sensitivity to weight and form requires accurate modeling especially with the increase in on-station time requirements and increased operating costs for military and civilian air fleets.
As unmanned aircraft evolve to support multiple aircraft coordination, longer range and greater persistence, small factors in early design from airframe to sensor payloads require entirely new breakthroughs if mission capabilities are to be achieved. Integration of manned and unmanned aircraft requires an overall system analysis to validate safety of flight plans.
Radically new aircraft require analytical and “what if” modeling and analysis tools or they risk being employed in old ways.
Multiple aircraft operations
- Long range, high-endurance surveillance and reconnaissance
- Multiple aircraft effects (swarm) tasking optimization
- Large system dense traffic safety of flight analysis, including
New airframe acquisition and integration
- Large platform, persistent unmanned system development and integration
- Manned/unmanned flight operation integration and command and control, including multi-spectrum communications modeling
- Multi-domain system integration land, sea, air and space
- Test and evaluation support and performance modeling
- Simulation integration and post-flight analysis
- Aircraft detection analysis and mission planning, including detection analysis from radar, communications and acoustic
- Acquisition analysis to determine adequate number of assets required for mission effectiveness
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), including mission effects
STK integrates into aerospace engineering activities to provide a wide variety of overall system and individual sub-system modeling and simulation.
- Platform and sensor package modeling and body masking
- Built-in analyzer and optimizing tools to conduct subsystem
engineering trade studies
- Web services
- Integrated configuration management for models, scenarios,
documents with revision tracking and systems
- Customizable performance models
- Launch, recover, formation, routing and holding patterns with
mouse clicks that conform to performance
- Detailed information on ISR on-station performance and fuel use
for inclusion in time-to-station/bingo fuel and on-station
replacement coordination to avoid gaps
The test and evaluation phases of an aircraft program will span airframe, to control, to communications and other complex integration points. Ranges and at-sea trials for an autonomous system require thorough planning, careful monitoring and the ability to analyze post-flight in simulated or actual flights.
- Range and at-sea trial communications planning
- Real-time T&E telemetry situational awareness
- Post-flight reconstruction and analysis
- Integration with flight simulations for real-time and
post-simulation analysis and attachment of different sensors
antenna for actual flight data-driven trade studies
- Actual vs. planned visualization
- Graphical and text data reporting
- Freely distributable immersive 3D file format to communicate
results and findings across communities of interest
- Communications interference impact assessment
- GPS accuracy prediction over range
STK models, measures and analyzes the unique aircraft dynamic environment of fleet operations, combined with long on-station requirements.
- Antenna modeling
- Receive/transmitter modeling
- Body masking
- Satellite communications
- Network modeling
- Area coverage
- Multipath link performance
- Integration with communications tools (MATLAB, Excel, etc.)
- Communication web services for engineers
- Loss/gain of critical UCLASS communication links across land,
sea, air and space
- Communication coverage plots
Long range, long endurance and a low-observation profile allow the warfare commander to conduct surveillance on belligerent activities in a form previously not achievable. The requirements to enable persistent surveillance include versatile and robust communications links, sensor performance prediction and measurements of effectiveness over large areas for long periods of time. Additionally, the ability to avoid and/or counter threats to unmanned/autonomous aircraft requires an informative visualization that can provide quantitative spatial and temporal information to a high level of precision.
- Precise calculation of constrained inter-visibility with
industry-unique algorithms to seek threshold detection levels
- Regional coverage calculation for dwell time, gaps, multi-asset, sensors and communications
- Graphical, text and API data output for analysis or integration
- Desktop or web service functionality for distributed systems
- Optimization and Monte Carlos analysis
- Platform, sensor and communications trade study analysis
- Operations research and measurements of effectiveness analysis
- Mission planning integration
- Aircraft performance modeling
- Communications modeling and simulation
Navigational accuracy over an area and period of time can be modeled and analyzed to predict positional accuracy for ISR collection requirements.
- Jammer effects
- Fully integrated communications to controlling vessels
- Mobile GPS repeater to mobile platform modeling for
AGI has collaborated with Blue Ridge Research to incorporate its aircraft acoustic detection algorithm into STK. This capability lets you load various acoustic profiles and analyze the probability of detection over time and area.
- User-defined acoustic models
- Environmental conditions
- Calculated for aircraft attitude, power/speed, altitude
- Impedance calculations for various sound over surface
- Terrain data
- Trade studies
- Optimization around probability of detection
- Based on Navy level 2 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)
STK enables aircraft sensor suite modeling and performance prediction.
Aircraft Mission Videos
Advanced Training Tutorials