Detect and assess potential collisions in space.
STK Conjunction Analysis Tools is an add-on module for Systems Tool Kit (STK) that comprises four collision-threat analysis tools:
- The Close Approach tool detects conjunction events for a single primary satellite with any set of space objects defined by a TLE file.
- The Advanced CAT (AdvCAT) tool detects conjunctions for a set of primary objects against a set of secondary objects, where proximity is measured as the distance between threat volumes.
- The Launch Window Analysis tool determines the blackout times in a launch time window — wherein a conjunction with a secondary object would occur.
- The LaserCAT tool determines the blackout times within a firing time window of a ground-based laser.
- Detecting close approaches to a satellite of interest.
- Computing threat volumes for groups of objects.
- Assessing the potential for an unintended illumination of a satellite.
- Evaluating a launch window.
- Uses the NORAD TLE database of more than 15,000 objects.
- 3D visualization of error volumes.
- High-fidelity integrated ephemeris supported for both primary and secondary objects.
- Computes probability metrics, appropriate for both short and long encounters.
- Supports scripted automation of data updates, computations, and reporting.