IMPROVED ANALYSIS WITH THESE DEEP SPACE UPDATES
- New gravity fields for Mars (GMM3 and MRO120D), Mercury (GGMES 100v08), and Venus (MGNP120PSAAP).
- A new deep space mode for the filter and simulator objects that provides more efficient and accurate processing when working with scenarios where light time delay is significant (e.g., five minutes or longer).
- Several solar system bodies now use the latest rotational elements from the 2015 IAU report. The affected bodies are Ceres, Deimos, Mars, Mercury, Neptune, and Phobos.
- The Residuals vs Reference tool now allows you to specify a SPICE file (*.bsp) as a source of ephemeris.
GNSS USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
- There are now separate GPS catalog files that contain antenna offsets specific to the NGA and IGS solution models. To ensure the most accurate results when processing GPS measurements, use the catalog file that is dependent on the source of your SP3 ephemeris file.
- You no longer have to concatenate multiple SP3 files offline. The GNSS constellation object can now read in multiple SP3 files.
NEW AND IMPROVED MEASUREMENT MODELS
- A new 1-way Doppler model handles those tricky situations where you have Doppler data from a satellite, but it's not coherent. This means that the downlink frequency is based on an independent frequency reference on the satellite, and not locked to an uplink reference frequency.
- New ability to process 3-way DSN Sequential Range measurements.
- The Ground TDOA and FDOA measurement models now support tracking spacecraft in cis-lunar (not just Earth centered).
- A new measurement geometry capability (e.g., elevation angle or range) provides more realistic measurement modeling for trackers that don't have a consistent performance under all tracking geometries.
NEW HTML UTILITIES
- Generate11Param. Generates Intelsat- and SES-compatible, 11-parameter state vectors for GEO satellites (in a manner similar to the existing GenerateTLE tool). This is useful when working with GEO operators and customers.
- FlexibleStateFileDumper. Extracts information from the various *.run files, including a full covariance matrix.
For more information, see the ODTK release notes
and the ODTK spec sheet